With more than 25 years of working as social worker and 12 years in private practice as a counsellor, I offer a broad understanding, strong skills and evidence based knowledge, to the practice of counselling. This experience enables me to offer an integrated approach to both individuals, couples and families over a broad range of issues. This includes psychologically focused strategies and comtemporary expressive therapies
What can counselling do for you?
– increase your capacity to manage the stressful influences in your life
– offer an opportunity to explore the area of concern in your life and gain some understanding of choices and possible outcomes
– offer focus, reflection and new possibilities for change
– develop positive communication with the people around you
– coach you towards bigger dreams
A counselling session can develop into a positive and uplifting experience. Most often clients benefit from more than one session as learning about ourselves and adjusting to potential changes is a developmental process. The counsellor can discuss with you how many sessions would be ideal.
Professional Supervision is about supporting colleagues, people working in the humanities field, to develop sound and effective practice. Supervision sessions can be individual or as part of a group. With more than three decades of practice in various fields including:
- families and individuals,
- mental health, homelessness, disability and domestic violence
- medical social work, in maternal, birth and infant care, and oncology
- management of a community service including supervision and support of staff
Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia, (PACFA)
Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)