“Bring whatever is worrying you – anxiety, relationship stress, work stress, loss or sadness….. Talking with a counsellor can increase your capacity to manage aspects of your life that you bring to the session and offers an opportunity to provide focus, reflection and explore options, towards developing positive communication with the people around you, and yourself.”
With more than 25 years of working as social worker and 12 years in private practice as a counsellor, I offer a broad understanding, strong skills and evidence based knowledge, to the practice of counselling. This experience enables me to offer an integrated approach to both individuals, couples and families over a broad range of issues. This includes psychologically focused strategies and comtemporary expressive therapies
What can counselling do for you?
– increase your capacity to manage the stressful influences in your life
– offer an opportunity to explore the area of concern in your life and gain some understanding of choices and possible outcomes
– offer focus, reflection and new possibilities for change
– develop positive communication with the people around you
– coach you towards fulfilling those bigger dreams
A counselling session can develop into a positive and uplifting experience. Most often clients benefit from more than one session as learning about ourselves and adjusting to potential changes is a developmental process. The counsellor can discuss with you how many sessions would be ideal.
Supporting colleagues in their professional work. Please see the Professional Supervision tag for more information.
Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
QCA and Psychotherapy & Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA)